Tianjin Gangbei Prison

Tianjin Gangbei Prison is located on Xuehai Road, Dagang District, Tianjin. Its 8th ward and No. 9 Team (strict-management team) are dedicated to torturing Falun Gong practitioners, while the prison leaders claimed those were “special ward” and under “humanized and civilized management.” During Beijing Olympic Games in 2008, many Falun Gong practitioners were transferred from other areas to Gangbei Prison for “transformation”. The persecution in the prison was cruel and inhumane. In particular, many Falun Gong practitioners were tortured by “anchors to ground”. A number of Falun Gong practitioners were driven insane, paralyzed, or even died as a result of torture.

Zhu Wenhua was persecuted to death whilst his eyes were still open.

Falun Gong practitioner Zhu Wenhua was kidnapped in May 2003. In August 2004 he was kidnapped to Tianjin No. 1 Prison for persecution. On June 30th, 2008, he was again kidnapped to Tianjin Gangbei Prison for continuous persecution. On July 21st, 2010 the police guards instigated four inmates to take Zhu Wenhua to a storage room,
avoiding being seen by other people. From the afternoon till the evening, they tortured Zhen Wenhua non-stop for 6~7 hours till he died. Zhu Wenhua died with his eyes wide open. The police guards and inmates were scared and sent Zhu Wenhua to the hospital, but Zhu Wenhua died before he was transported to the hospital.

Li Xiwang was brutally tortured to death by “Dimao” (ground anchor), the truth was concealed.

On December 21st, 2010 Falun Gong practitioner Li Xiwang and their wife were kidnapped by the police because he upheld his beliefs of Falun Dafa. He was later prosecuted secretly by the CPP’s court. On July 18th, 2011, he was kidnapped to Gangbei Prison. Only 10 days after, which is July 29th, 2011, he was persecuted to death by the “ground anchor” torture.

“Ground anchor” is an extremely brutal torture. It’s a tube barrel made of iron plate that fixes both legs through the hip of a person to stand like a wooden stake without letting the legs bend at all; then use handcuffs to tie both hands of that person to the ground. In such a position, the person is forced to bend his body without being able to move his legs at all. Usually the maximum duration that a person can hold its body in this position is two hours. But Li Xiwang was forced by the police to remain in this position for more than ten hours till 12:00 midnight. He had already died when the guards came back.