Qianjin Prison

Front entrance of Qianjin Prison

Front entrance of Qianjin Prison

Formally known as Qianjin Prison, now renamed Beijing Municipal Prison Administration Bureau (Qinhe Division, Qianjin Prison), Qianjin Prison is located in Ninghe County, Tianjin City. Qianjin Prison, Qianwei Prison, and Yonghe Prison merged over the years to create the current Qianjin Prison. This prison is the largest among the Qinhe Division, occupying 420 acres with building areas of 20,594 square meters and can hold 2,000 prisoners. The prison wall is as high as 7.5 meters.

Qianjin Prison, as seen from a higher vantage point.

Qianjin Prison, although located in Tianjin, belongs to the Qinghe Branch of the Beijing Municipal Prison Administration. After the CCP began to persecute Falun Gong, it became an evil place where practitioners from Beijing were detained and persecuted.

From the end of 2001 to the beginning of 2002, all practitioners from surrounding prisons were taken to Qianjin Prison so that the persecution was more centralized and specialized. Various persecution methods used in this location include: electric shock, sleep deprivation, beating, slave labor, and 24/7 surveillance via inmates.

Mr. Chang Guiyou, a paper mill employee, was terminated from his position and then illegally sentenced for 3 years in prison.  He was detained in Qianjin Prison since late November 2004. After being detained there for three months, Mr. Chang’s wife was notified that he was critically ill. Mr. Chang’s wife saw him unconscious, both his nose and mouth were bleeding, and his head was wrapped with gauze. Later, his wife was notified that he died of a cerebral hemorrhage. He was 55.

Mr. Ge Peijun, 76-years-old, of Miyun County in Beijing died on April 14, 2014, from systemic organ failure after years of being brutally persecuted at Qianjin Prison. Mr. Ge was illegally arrested on May 25, 2008. He was sentenced to five years in prison and taken to Qianjin Prison where he was tortured and injected with unknown drugs. The mistreatment was so brutal that he was hospitalized. Mr. Ge suffered systemic organ failure and never fully recovered after his release on May 28, 2013.

Among the practitioners who were tortured at Qianjin Prison were Mr. Wang Zhiwen, Mr. Wang Weiyu, and Mr. Lin Shuseng. Mr. Wang Weiyu’s legs were severely injured so badly by torture that he was limping for a long time. Mr. Lin Shuseng was once shocked by eight electric batons at the same moment. He lost his mind for a time. And inmates kicked him so hard that his leg broke.