Jane Dai Fadu Dai

Personal Accounts

The persecution of Falun Gong targeted 100 million people in China, and decimated countless families and communities across China. Below, we offer a glimpse into the human cost of this persecution with up-close and personal stories of those who were killed, those who survived, and those struggling to the freedom of others. These are their stories…

Mr. Yu Yungang, 48, Heilongjiang

In February 2009, the 24th Winter Universiade, an international college sporting event was held in Harbin. Ahead of the event, the persecution and abduction of local Falun Gong practitioners increased. Therefore, Mr. Yu Yungang and several other practitioners tried to use small loudspeakers to inform attendees of these abuses. Police detained him along with over 20 practitioners and in July, he was “sentenced” to 8 years in prison. At approximately 3 p.m. on March 1, 2011, Yu reportedly passed out due to torture, and was rushed to the No. 2 hospital affiliated with Jiamusi University. He underwent surgery on his skull, but never recovered and died on March 5, 2011, as police sought to cover-up his case. Yu was 48 years old when he died. He was the second practitioner from Jiamusi prison to die within a span of two weeks.

Read More »

Mr. Shi Hongbo, 42, Liaoning

A 42-year-old owner of a dumpling restaurant in Northeast China died in his home at the end of February, unable to recover from one and half years of physical and mental torture in a Re-education Through Labor (RTL) camp, the Falun Dafa Information Center has learned. His is one of over 400 documented Falun Gong deaths in Liaoning province since 1999.

Read More »

Mr. Qin Yueming, 47, Heilongjiang

Mr. Qin Yueming was abducted from his home in April 2002. He was severely beaten and tortured on a tiger bench, to the point that his ribs and legs were broken and he was unable to walk. Nevertheless, he was later sentenced to ten years in prison in proceedings whose results were pre-determined by Communist Party officials. He was taken to Jiamusi Prison. On the evening of February 26, 2011, Qin’s wife received a phone call from Jiamusi Prison informing her that Qin had died.

Read More »

Ms. Zhu Ying, Henan

Two middle-aged women, from Hunan and Henan provinces, died in late November, within weeks of being abducted by the authorities for practicing Falun Gong, the Falun Dafa Information Center has recently learned.

Read More »