Falun Gong to Seek Legal Retribution for Chinese Persecution
Announcement from Falun Dafa Information Center
September 4, 2001
Since July 1999, Jiang Zemin’s regime has continued to escalate the persecution against Falun Gong. According to incomplete statistics, 274 Falun Gong practitioners have died from the persecution; more than 500 people have been illegally sentenced; more than 1,000 people have been forced into mental hospitals. 20,000 people have been sent to labor camps without due process or any other type of appropriate legal procedure. Countless Falun Gong practitioners have been beaten and tortured by the police. This campaign has involved a catastrophic and enormous loss of lives, loss of jobs, the systematic breakdown of families, and the disruption of civil society.
The torture, murder, and other human rights abuses – which target innocent kindhearted people in pursuit of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance – are acts without conscience. They constitute serious violations of the law of nations; they undermine all that decent persons value and esteem. They not only deny such basic human rights as freedom of belief, freedom of speech, and the right to be free from false imprisonment, torture, other cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment, but are also an assault on the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance.
To stop the campaign of violence and hatred – to help the Falun Gong practitioners who are being persecuted in China, to maintain and protect the justice and basic moral principles of the human society – Falun Gong practitioners are going to prosecute mainland Chinese officials who have participated in the campaign of violence and hatred against Falun Gong.
Here, we’d like to ask Falun Gong practitioners in China and abroad, and the insiders from all walks of life to provide the following information (totally or partially):
(1) All information about the criminals who are involved with the planning, directing, supervising, implementing, and/or assisting in the persecution of Falun Gong, and its practitioners. This includes but is not limited to arbitrary arrest and detention, murder and gratuitous killing, torture, cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment, rape, the pillaging and ransacking of practitioners’ home, forced brainwashing, filing of false charges, inappropriate administration of drugs, and any other words and deeds which constitute physical and mental torture. Of special importance are the criminal officials and clerks at all levels of the “610 Office” in mainland China; all officials of the communist party, government and army; policemen at police stations, labor camps, drug rehabilitation centers, policemen in plain clothes; individuals who work for the sub-district offices and residential committees; the lawless doctors at the mental hospitals, drug rehabilitation centers and labor camps; individuals who work for procuratorates and courts; booksellers and reporters from the radio stations, TV stations and newspapers; actors/actress, artists, civil and military hatchet men; and all other lawless people who slander and persecute Falun Dafa and its practitioners. Information about lawless people’s names, occupations, workplace and home addresses, office and home telephone numbers, lists of their family members–their gender, age, telephone numbers, personal information about all those who in any way provide assistance to them.
(2) Detailed descriptions of how each particular official directly or indirectly persecutes Falun Gong practitioners – including the time, location, means, the level of injury and the immediate consequences of the conduct. If at all possible, please present this information in the form of a statement signed by victim or eyewitness. Also include audio or video records of their speeches, news reports, and presswork which prove their participation in the persecution of Falun Gong. Also include court orders and other public records of:
b) The use of psychotropic drugs, brainwashing and re-education techniques to destroy the mind, spirit, and physical body of practitioners;
c) The use of high tech forms of torture in prisons, mental hospitals, appeal bureaus, labor camp, detention center, re-education camps.
(3) Foreign assets of such officials, including investments, real estate, bank accounts, stocks and bonds. Please track the movements of foreign assets, and especially the transfer of assets pursuant to this release and related lawsuits.
(4) Foreign assets – investments, real estate, bank account, stocks and bonds – of the ministry, bureau, or agency where such officials are employed.
(5) Background material and photographs of such officials and their lineal relatives.
(6) The plans and itinerary of each official’s planned visits to foreign countries. Please be as specific as possible including information about airline flights, names of hotels and other lodging, receptions, meetings, dinner plans, and the like.
Falun Dafa Information Center