Excerpted from TheEpochTimes.com In an exclusive interview, former U.S. State Department official Miles Yu said that there\u2019s more evidence of a genocide perpetrated against Falun Gong adherents in China than the plentiful evidence of a genocide against the Uyghurs. Both the Trump and the Biden administrations have designated the repression of Uyghurs in China as a genocide. Yu previously advised then-Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on strategies related to China. Now Yu is supporting the view that there is not only a Uyghur genocide taking place in China, but also one against Falun Gong. Sir Geoffrey Nice QC, chair of the China Tribunal, delivers the tribunal\u2019s judgment in London on June 17, 2019. (Justin Palmer) Falun Gong is a peaceful spiritual practice based on Buddhist and Daoist principles that was popularized in China during the early 1990s. The practice\u2019s following of 70 million to 100 million adherents by 1999 was seen as a threat by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), which then instituted a policy of persecution to the point of genocide, to eradicate the practice. Yu told The Epoch Times in an Aug. 9 email: \u201cI am surprised that genocide charge against the CCP re FLG has not become a focal point of international human rights campaigns targeting the CCP. \u201cWhen deciding genocide designation, the most difficult legal barrier is to prove \u2018intent\u2019 of the perpetrator.\u201d According to international human rights lawyer Beth Van Schaack in her analysis of the Uyghur genocide: \u201cThe biggest challenge to establishing the commission of genocide is the mens rea (or mental state) requirement that the perpetrator(s) not only intend to commit the underlying act(s), but that the acts are committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial, or religious group. The intent element is the hallmark of genocide and what distinguishes it from other international crimes, such as war crimes or crimes against humanity.\u201d Falun Gong adherents attend a candlelight vigil in front of the Chinese Consulate in Toronto, marking 22 years of persecution by the Chinese communist regime and calling on the regime to end its persecution of the spiritual practice in China, on July 15, 2021. (Evan Ning\/The Epoch Times) Yu believes \u201cit would be much easier to prove this in the FLG case than the Uyghur case, because the CCP has tried harder to disguise its genocidal repression against the Uyghurs while its repression against the FLG has been more blatant.\u201d There is more documentary evidence of a genocide against Falun Gong than there is against the Uyghurs, Yu said. \u201cThe documentation of the CCP\u2019s criminality re FLG is also more apparent and systemic.\u201d International lawyer Terri Marsh, executive director of the Human Rights Law Foundation, agrees. She told The Epoch Times in an Aug. 9 email, \u201cThe evidence does support a claim of genocide: There is a plethora of evidence documenting China\u2019s well-coordinated plans and policies to subject Falun Gong believers to a widespread suppression campaign that features torture, rape, extrajudicial killing, and other forms of degrading and injurious treatment in regions across China.\u201d The Human Rights Law Foundation wrote a 2015 paper that described the CCP\u2019s \u201cstruggle\u201d or \u201cdouzheng\u201d (\u6597\u4e89) campaign, including planning that amounts to intent constitutive of genocide to eradicate Falun Gong through extralegal methods such as imprisonment, torture, and forced organ harvesting.